Thursday, May 19, 2016

Peace Is A Priority

By ABDULLAH ALQAMISH



According to our course's main idea, my artwork was to emphasize that Islam is a religion that spreads peace regardless of non-Muslims' opinions and the bad image that was created by some extremists who believe that they are reflecting the right image of Islam while they are only a tool, which is controlled by some unknown people or governments.

I visited the Professor Dr. Pamela Chrabiah and was influenced by the last year art pieces that were created by her students. Consequently, I went to the shop Creative Minds in Al Barsha 2 and bought some mosaic tiles, sand with glitter, and a spray.

My artwork is a 40cm * 40cm wooden board that has a verse from the Holy Qura'n. Actually, it is not a complete verse, however, the quoted words are what I meant to emphasize in order to show my objective. It is [Al-Anfâl: 61]: وإن جنحوا للسلم فاجنح لها وتوكل على الله إنه هو السميع العليم. The translation of it is" And if they incline to peace, then incline to it [also] and rely upon Allah . Indeed, it is He who is the Hearing, the Knowing" (International).

Finally, I'm excited to show you my artwork and looking forward to your feedback.


References
International, Sahih. "The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم". Quran.com. N.p., 2016. Web. 4 Apr. 2016.




No comments:

Post a Comment